RiLTaL Submission Guidelines
- RiLTaL is a double blind peer-reviewed journal in the realm of applied linguistics. Authors can submit their complete unpublished works which are not under review in any other journals. The authors need to register online in order to submit and keep track of the reviewing process. The Editor will check the submitted manuscript through an authentication software first. RiLTal has a strict policy against plagiarism.
- The authors should acknowledge that the manuscript has not been previously published nor is being reviewed by any other journals.
- The content of the manuscript should be properly referenced. The authors need to check their manuscripts for possible accidental plagiarism.
- The word count of the submitted manuscripts should be between 6,000 to 8,000 words excluding references.
- American or British usage is accepted, but not a combination of both of them.
- All manuscripts should be formatted based on the latest edition of the American Psychological Association (APA) citation style (6th ed.).
- Cover Page: In addition to the title of the manuscript, author(s)’ full names, affiliations, postal addresses and e-mail addresses are to be included. The corresponding author should be specified.
- Abstract: Abstracts should consist of 100–150 words and must be supplied with all manuscripts. At the end of the abstract, 3 to 5 keywords are to be provided.
- Other sections of the manuscript are suggested below. However, depending on the nature of the manuscript, variations from this order will be considered.
Introduction, Literature Review, Research Question(s), Method (Participants, Instruments/Materials, &
Procedure), Results, Discussion, Conclusion and References.
- References must be relevant and up-to-date. RiLTaL uses the APA style. All references are to be formatted based on the APA style.
- For the headings of figures and tables, follow the APA editorial style.
- Use Times New Roman, Size 10. The line spacing should be 12 pt. All paragraphs are to be indented.
- Follow the APA style for the headings and subheadings: .
1. Major Heading One
1.1. Heading Two
1.1.1. Heading three. (Start your text here.)
188.8.131.52. Heading four. (Start your text here.)
- If it is necessary to use any third party copyright material, the rights holder of the material must grant you permission to publish their material with the appropriate copyright notice.
- Acknowledgment of the Receipt of the Manuscript and Plagiarism Report: One week
- Reviewers' Review Report: Two to three weeks
- Editorial Board Decision: One week
- RiLTal aims to accelerate the review process and notify the author(s) of the type of the decision (Accept, Major Revision, Minor Revision or Reject) made by the editorial board within almost one month upon submission if the manuscript passes the initial in-house review by the editor-in-chief. The review process is a double blind one during which two reviewers will be asked to review the submitted manuscript in terms of its research quality and novelty.